Monday, September 24, 2007

And the beat goes on!


We've officially heard our baby's heartbeat! How exciting...and unlike what either Daniel or myself expected. I expected to hear a garbled, washing machine like noise and daniel expected a beat slower and closer to what his sounds like. What we heard was a beautifully clear and distinct heartbeat just rapidly pounding away! What a beautiful noise...

At the brink of the second trimester (currently 11.5 weeks) I've gained 3 pounds and all the blood tests came back negative, so we're looking very healthy and right on schedule. I think that it's safe to say that I am not going to throw-up due to pregnancy...this is a very thrilling possibility. Another cool discovery in all of this was finding out that I have the same not-so-typical blood type as my dad, B-. I inherited my dad's allergies and laid-back personality, I may as well have his blood, too :)





4 comments:

Ashley said...

You look beautiful and happy! I'm glad the pregnancy is going so wonderfully! Have you gotten a lot of maternity clothes?

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful Ashley and so happy! I am so excited for you to have a baby. Having children is the most wonderful thing in the world. Good luck with everything and you look beautiful!!!

Love
Anna Timpone

Christy said...

Praise the Lord for that amazing (and reassuring!) sound!

Anonymous said...

Guess you are one of the lucky ones like me with Rh negative. At least you don't have to have the 2 Rhogam shots until after your first...Whew!
I can also relate to your moves and how less attached you become...comes a point in time when "comes in handy if you never use it" takes on a little different meaning. Have fun redecorating for a good cause!!One of many moves, eh? Join the club!!!