Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ode to Saturday

I. Love. Weekends.
I have always really loved them, yet working the 8 to 5 thing really makes me appreciate them that much more. I get to sleep past 6:30, I get to actually see my husband, I don't have to dress professionally, and best of all- the work week is over and I'm not studying for tests or writing dumb papers for the next week. (Though I should be doing my thesis....which is already the longest paper I'll ever write).
In Arizona, I've come to find that the absolute best kind of Saturday during the summery-heat is the kind that starts out gray and rainy- and this rarely happens. I feel no remorse for sticking around inside clothed in my pajamas until much later in the day than if the sun and cloudless skies has been beckoning me to make good use of my time. Mmmm, I love rainy Saturday mornings :)
This particular saturday entails staying inside and repacking alllll of our stuff so we're ready to move come Wednesday. Perhaps at some point we'll trek to Goodwill so that I can extend my time before buying nice, yet possibly pricey maternity clothes. Before moving out here, I'd never actually moved my whole life from my home in Raleigh. (I don't count college apartments as quite the same thing.) Now, after having moved twice and soon a third time, I understand why people become less sentimental about objects.
When I first met Daniel he thought I was such a pack-rat and insisted that if the Chell house caught on fire it would burn for days. I thought he was just being insensitive. I now have a better idea of what he has saying- and while I have become less sentimental about objects that are not useful or immediately necessary, it can't be denied that if you go to my house in Raleigh, NC and develop a need for ANYTHING, you will be supplied with exactly what you needed. Someday in the likely very far off future when we have a house to call our own, I would like our home to be a happy medium of clutter-free yet resourceful! We shall see.....

No comments: