Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter from our family to yours! I figured the best way to explain to you what's going on in our lives was to show some pictures of my ever-growing son. Life is very busy around here. Other than it being Easter, we celebrated my Dad's birthday this week, and last night we had a Mantastic man-shower, otherwise known as a Pregger-Kegger. It was great fun. Twenty or so of my favorite guys all got together last night to give advice and sports memorabilia. In case your are wondering, yes, my shirt does say, "World's greatest Dad," and I wear it with pride.

Next, here is a picture of Ashley, Jacob, me, my brother Luke, and his wife Sara after Easter Service this morning.



We have started to notice that Jacob likes the music in church, and finds himself inspired to dance frequently. As Grandma Ruth tells us, 'all babies love to dance.' Well we can't wait till we can capture Jacob's dancing on video.

We are just sitting and waiting for the most part now. We have put together his crib and made room in our bedroom for Jacob. Now, it just seems like there is a tiny bed for a tiny person who doesn't yet live here. When he is ready to come out we will be ready, believe that! Here is a picture of his cute little crib. We went with a safari theme, I think you'll find it endearing. Personally, I like the monkey the best. I can't wait until there is a little life force in that bed!

Meanwhile, here is a gratuitous picture of Jacob's current location, taking over my wife's body. Keep in mind, the camera adds 10 lbs... I think that Ashley looks so beautiful and I try and tell her so every day. She's glowing always, whether struggling to get off the couch, or sleeping in strange positions.

In my mind I'm having trouble containing the excitement that lies ahead for baby Jacob. Will he be a basketball player? Musician? Philosopher? Smart-ass? I hope all 4, but any combination would be wonderful. I can't wait for... ...everything.

This might be the last update until show time. Every day we wake up with the possibility!

God's love to you all this Easter day. Alleluia!

-Daniel

3 comments:

Christy said...

You look great Ashley! Hang in there, you'll get to meet your little boy soon!

Grayson said...

ashley-you look so incredibly beautiful.
Daniel...you too! i love that shirt on you, it is PERFECT. Can't wait for THE phone call, don't forget. ha.


much much love.
g

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Grayson said. I should be on the list, too!!!??? Looks a little bit like sooner than April 10!!! When he stops "dancing" well you know it's close....calm before the arrival!!