Wednesday, February 20, 2008

February countdown

I regard the innie/outie status of my belly-button like I would the pop-out device on a Thanksgiving turkey: not done until it's popped. And while I know we're just now at week 33 out of a possible 41ish or so, I wouldn't mind some sign that Jacob's trek into the world is acutally getting closer.

Instead of toning down the movement because he's runing out of room, Jacob has actually continued at the same pace with his punches and kicks. He remains in the diagonal/sideways position so that he can kick his feet out one side and head (or back or butt)-butt me in the other side. This makes me wonder at what point it's reasonable to be concerned over the baby's position in regards to delivery? We thought on Sunday that he'd moved head down (and he may have for a few hours)....but by the next day he was back to his sideways tricks.

Among the non-baby things of life (though that's the very topic constantly my mind) :
March is rushing in bringing a bunch of great things including: the end of my internship, a "spring break" visit from Winston-Salem residing Steven and Rob, and rather spring-like weather out here in AZ.
If you're feeling like you could use some spring-like weather, feel free to come for a visit!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOW you look fat.
thank you!

p.s. i want spring-like weather AND i want to visit... looks like i am caught in a dilemma.

sigh.
g