Sunday, February 10, 2008

31.5 weeks!


We officially have attended child birth classes.
Phew. :)
It's thoroughly fascinating to see all the other couples (or mother-daughter teams) that attend; how close they are to their due date, how they are carrying their baby, and the kinds of questions they ask during the classes!
I found it curious that there were only two baby boys among all the couples (15 of 'em), including Jacob! I also laughed at how basically the entire class fit the old wives' tale of boys being carried really low and out front while girls are carried higher and all around the abdomen.




I also found it sorta entertaining to see people react to videos that we watched and the discussions about epidurals and pain meds. I can't imagine being of the mind set that as soon as you feel a twinge of pain, you're getting some meds...but whatever, who am I to comment on the experiences of others.

I'm glad to report that all is still going smoothly out here in Phoenix. Jacob is as playful as ever...which actually surprises me because I thought he'd be running short on room by now? He still appears to love mooning the outside world and kicking out my side- he's an "athlete" which makes Daniel proud.

I've sorta got one more week of the intership- then a 3 week enrichment period (which I've chosen to do in the pediatric unit of the hospital). Even though I enjoy working in the hospital setting, I'm going to be thrilled to be done with this beyond full time working for no pay stuff.
Daniel's doing well and in the thick of the semester...though he really dislikes this month. Apparently, the end of football season paired with continued "cold" weather and the commercially-created valentine's day add-up to a waste of 28 (or 29) days. Despite the ill-will towards February, he always manages to make it through:)

Much love to readers; the family kind and the friends. <3

4 comments:

Christy said...

You (and Jacob) look great!

Ashley said...

You look beautiful :-)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it is so close! I emailed Daniel yesterday so I could get the debut pictures:) I hope everything is slowing down a little for you. Can't wait to meet Jacob! Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

wow. i really love you all.

W