Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Whew!

We're coming down to the last few calm days before this "year" starts. Actually, tomorrow marks the start of chaos for Daniel because students are moving onto campus or returning from the summer and want to get things started again right away! He's been diligently pacing himself this week, spending all yesterday and today prepping papers and schedules so that the rest of the week isn't crammed from 9 to 9! Along with the rest of the country, Arizona is currently experiencing a heat wave- which I feel is cruel because the rest of the summer was so relatively mild! The students, families, and staff arne' adjusted to 112 degrees esepcially for moving furniture and running flights of stairs. Ugh! But, this heat is countrywide, so i really have NO room for complaints...

I'm getting really excited and admittedly nervous as workshops and meetings start this Thursday for my internship. I'm pumped about work experience but nervous because I want to be the best dietitian and worker these people have ever experienced. Naw, no pressure. I also have to finish up my gigantic 30 page study guide before clinical "boot camp" starts on Monday. Though this may come as a shock, I am proud to say that I haven't procrastinated this task (completely) and am actually ahead of other interns in finishing it! This never happens.


On another note, we had a fun weekend full of lessons. Kris and Chad are celebrating their 10 year anniversary this week, so Daniel and I had a sleep-over with Collin (on the right) and Dylan (on the left) -and let's not forget Izzy in the middle, having one of the best days of her life. It was certainly interesting to have someone else's two boys (6 and 8) who aren't completely used to our 'methods' and expectations. And of course, within the first 30 minutes of hanging out with us on saturday afternoon, Collin and Izzy mashed faces and Collin ended up with a nice bruise on the corner of his eye.
There were certainly some humorous and adorable moments, and then were those that were like "um, seriously". It certianly led Daniel and myself to discuss our expectations and ideas for our children and our desired roles as parents. It's so easy to talk about these things but I know we're both really excited about putting these ideas and methods into action. Really, this makes me think about Grayson asking as a really little girl, if we thought she was going to mess up her kids. What my whole family has always responded with is "you're a Chell, you have the Chell-ness, you won't mess-up your kids." It may sound cheesey or too silly, but you know...somehow that is actually calming. Not that I'm sold on having 4 kids...yikes...but I am of the belief (and daniel has said this, too) that being a part of a bigger family teaches lessons about life and compromise at a young age. Okay....I need to stop. Otherwise, I'll just keep on yakking about how great my family is :) Is it obvious that I'm missing them?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to chuckle about the bruises..and how many times we have been to the ER for stitches between Gregory, Kevin and Cody!! Funny how it's but "Mom, we were just playing.." The tree, the furniture, managed to come up and hit them!!!! Your family has the "chellness", we have "the Repass way" and you will have "being a Pugh"..no matter what you call it you won't mess up.. you will have and create a unique individual human being..that's what makes life interesting and makes the world go round...characters are welcome!!Anyway...I have decided to begin working on a birth sampler,but first have to choose the perfect one, of course.. with the advice of my mom-grandma I should go ahead and start on it...(...ooh that's weird..now..Ruth and Jeff will be Grandma and Grandpa and Grandma Barnes will have to be called something for great grandma.:)I have picked out 5 to choose from. As you can see I'm excited...want to make the design a surprise at least!!Wishing you well...without the nausea!!! And yes, it is about as hot here as it was your way...P.S. D-Backs beat the Braves...mmm..no surprise!! Fantasy football around here...
Kevin begins college August 27-moves in that day..Gregory begins after Labor Day. Cody and Craig have already been since August 6..in this record heat...stooopid!! Love to you three..or four?? Waiting to here what the doctor says!!Love The Repass's

Anonymous said...

oh i love the 'chell-ness' and would not trade it for anything in this world. Unless there are some really good oatmeal raisin cookies.


are there any oatmeal raisin cookies?

joking.

W-grayson

Anonymous said...

Excuse, the phrase is removed

Blog Archive