Monday, August 6, 2007

Are you ready for some football?

The Pugh family doesn't believe in an off-season for professional football. It's even been decided that one of the top factors in moving someplace is whether or not the town has a football team.

Now that we've established that, it makes sense that our past Saturday was spent accompanying Danny (Daniel's dad), along with Luke and Sara (his brother and brother's fiance)up to Flagstaff for the Arizona Cardinals training camp. We got to meet up with one of our favorite Phoenix families, the Diegle's (-the youngest Diegle boy, Colin, was the ring bearer at our wedding). Watching drills, pointing out the rookies, and cheering on the Cardinal veterans was actually a pretty fun afternoon. As you can see, Daniel was extremely content with spending his saturday in such a way!




I really enjoyed spending some time talking to Kris Diegle who started working as a labor and delivery nurse at a nearby hospital in June. She's a great resource for learning the details about the delivery process.....though she has some stories that don't exactly calm any nerves or thrill me. But I suppose I'm not a fan of sugar-coated versions of anything, especially so when it comes to pregnancy and labor!
Along the pregnancy lines, I still feel really normal-albeit a bit dumber. It's not unusual for me to know I'm saying something stupid as I'm saying it. Yet now, I feel as though I've lost the ability to decipher what's dumb and what isn't as the words leave my mouth. Aside from that, I'm aware of some small changes in my body, but nothing obvious.
Coming up:
I can handle restless sleep, constant fatigue, mood swings, cravings, whatever. But, as most of you who know me understand, throwing-up would send me into some other realm of being! The hope is that if we can just get through the next few weeks healthy, I'll relax quite a bit! Here's for hoping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Asley and Daniel -
We are East coast excited about all of your news, and we look forward to jetting our way west to visit our family and exotic vistas. And Ashley, the nausea and its ramifications are low on that ultimate list of genuine concerns. We wish we could be there to share in all the excitement - including the football. Maybe sometime in October ..... go Panthers! Throw the ball, del Hommie! Steve Smith for MVP of the 2008 Super Bowl! (vs the Cardinals?) Love to you all - Jeff (et al)

Anonymous said...

And Ashley, I do know how to spell your name correctly - it's not "Shley" or "Ahsley" either. But it doesn't change how much we love you! W

Blog Archive