Thursday, August 2, 2007

And it begins...

Last weekend, Daniel and I discovered that we were indeed going to become parents!! It looks like I'm about 5 weeks, with a projected baby arrival sometime in the first week of April. This comes after a good while of trying and wondering if it were even going to be possible, making this pregnancy a two-fold blessing; it proves that it is in fact possible AND we get the chance to be parents. It took a little extra medical support...but regardless of where it all leads, the whole situation has been a win-win if you ask me.
As it is in my nature (and the point of most of my academic journey) to learn and do nearly everything possible to keep a body healthy, I had another first yesterday evening.
I quit a job. It felt awful.
But, after a bunch of pep-talks with Daniel, my mom, and Emily (my older sister), I quit working the 10-hour labor intensive night shift at Michaels. And then I proceeded to sleep for 11.5 hours last night! In balancing the pro's and con's or even possible con's of this job while at this point in pregnancy, it was blaringly evident that I'd be asking for trouble and would blame myself if anything bad happens.
To make this week even that much more unforgettable, Daniel received his official admission into the Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary (PLTS) yesterday! It has always been our 'plan' to head to Berkeley, CA after I complete my Masters here, and now we have confirmation that in the fall of '08, that's where we can be found. Have I mentioned how completely pumped we are about living in the bay area for a few years? The cultures, the lifestyle, the scenery, the fresh produce ;), and the open-minds...
This year is going to be one monster of a growing and changing year, literally and figuratively...and we are so thankful for each of you who are so supportive and loving!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Oh my gosh Ashley!!! This is fantastic news!!! Congratulations you two!!!

Jesse is still very asleep right now but I have to go wake him up to tell him! He is going to be thrilled!

Oh, that you only lived closer! We'll have to chat much though!!

Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU BOTH AGAIN FOR A WONDERFUL TIME IN PHOENIX. DANIEL,KEVIN REALLY ENJOYED TALKING SPORTS.SORRY TO TAKE YOU AWAY FROM HER FOR A LITTLE WHILE BUT LOVED HAVING SOME GIRL TALK!!!!
WE WATCHED A BASEBALL GAME-D-BACKS AND THE BRAVES AND COULD SAY W'EVE BEEN THERE!! WE ARE DEFINITELY WORKING ON MOVING BACK OUT WEST. TRIP MADE US REALIZE HOW MUCH WE MISS THE OPEN MINDS, THE SKY, THE CULTURE..SO WE MAY BE CLOSER!??? GREGORY IS STILL TALKING ABOUT BEING IN S.F EVENTUALLY!!

BUT MOST OF ALL
CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS!! AND SO GLAD YOU QUIT MICHAEL'S..DIDN'T NEED THAT STRESS ESPECIALLY NOW!!!
OKAY, NOW...I CAN EITHER START ON A BIRTH SAMPLER THAT IS A NEUTRAL DESIGN, (WHICH I WOULD LOVE TO DO!!)WHICH WOULD PROBABLY BE FINISHED BY THE ITME THE BABY IS DUE, OR WAIT AT WHICH TIME WOULD BE PROBABLY BE DONE A YEAR LATER!!!!ANY PREFERENCE? IF YOU KNOW OF A DESIGN YOU SEE OR LIKE LET ME KNOW..LOVE DOING IT!
LIFE IS COMING AT YOU FAST!!! HOW EXCITING....TWINS???!!!!LOVE REPASS FAMILY...BOYS WERE FIGURING OUT HOW THAT HE/SHE WOULD BE THEIR SECOND COUSIN AND MY GRAND-NIECE/NEPHEW!!!KEEP US POSTED! LOVE LOIS

Anonymous said...

HI! I'm so glad you created this site:) And congratulations Daniel for getting into Seminary. Ashley was telling me about it and it sounds like a long haul just to get in!

I am so excited for you guys and what the next year will hold. I wish we weren't so far away but I can't wait to see the pics and updates on your blog.

Ashley, I am so glad you quit that job. You definitely need a little more down time with a baby coming. When you get a chance will you send me your current address?

Love you both so much!

Anonymous said...

Ummmm yes...so I had the anonymous post and I'm not sure why I didn't put a name in. Blogging is really new to me. Hope you guys are doing wonderfully!

Blog Archive