Tuesday, October 16, 2007

<3 Family

I love family. My dad and Grayson came to visit Daniel and myself in our "new digs" from last Wednesday to Monday morning. It was glorious. I felt bad that Grayson slept on the couch, but she didn't seem to have trouble sleeping:)

It was nice to eat at a table with them in the evening and watch movies with them...whenever. We walked around the lake park downtown (Tempe) and attended the Cardinals vs Panthers football game. Truthfully, I think that was a harder game to attend than anticipated as loyalties sometimes run deeper than anyone realizes until it's put to the test!
We were also royally spoiled by dad with grocery store visits and a few other goodies. While I realize it may thrill only <0.1% of any population, I'm thrilled abnout the drying rack for our back patio! Not only is the AZ environment perfect for drying things outdoors as it rarely rains, but it also helps us out as power is pricey and our dryer sorta bites. Anyway, Grayson left with most of my clothes (as none of them fit me any longer) and Dad left us with some goodies and plenty of food - not to mention how satisfying and pleasant it is to be with family. It's also nice that when some of your family is with you, you feel closer to the rest of them. Even though my mom was still in Raleigh teaching, it didn't feel like 4 months since I'd last seen her when speaking on the phone.

Now, I'd love to post a picture of the weekend...but somehow the camera is un-findable. I haven't really looked hard and neither has Daniel, but I figured it was about time we made it clear that we were still alive and well! When we locate the camera, we'll get to posting a picture and perhaps there will be some noticable baby growth to my mid-section. No promises, though.

Also, we want to congratule the new parents Jesse and Christy Steel who are now joined by their healthy little girl Lily!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you ashley and daniel. I had a great time and cant wait until christmas when all three of you babies can come to N.C.

W, g

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome, im glad you had so much fun with your sister! i love you both very much, cant wait to see you soon!