Friday, January 23, 2009

Play Date fun.


So, as mentioned in the last visit, Jacob hung-out with his friend Colby (of the same age) last week. Not only did the two boys seem to enjoy the park time, but it was great for for us parents of similar age/ development level children to converse and feel reassured about some things- or just commiserate and laugh.

For example: Despite being night-weaned, Jacob still doesn't sleep. Apparently, Colby is of a similar mindset (sleep is last priority after eating, snuggling, laughing, being awake, playing with your toys like seen in the following picture, etc.).

Our conclusion is just that some babies/kids/adults just don't sleep through the night or need a ton of sleep. We know that as children, we didn't really sleep for long periods of time and neither did our siblings. Or our parents. So we're seeing a trend of high energy people here in our lineage....

I guess all this is to say: we've officially fully embraced the sleep-deprived reality of parenthood- not just during the 'newborn' stage. But, just so you all know, at one point when we were working on all cylinders, Daniel and I were pretty smart and ocassionally even witty!

*Side note: My thesis proposal went well and I've got the green light to crank it out!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats on the proposal! I feel that in your last posted picture, Jacob is celebrating the fact that he can keep you from sleeping all night...I recognize the happy gloating look. I once saw it on Daniel's face after he flipped your desk upside down... :-)

Ashley said...

haha....exactly. During daylight hours, that father/son resemblance is adorable, at night, well...:)

Grayson said...

flipping the desk over... ha I know that story.Well, we can only hope that Jacob will one day get his father's wit and charm.
Congrats Ashley on the thesis, you're one step closer. I am really very proud of you, yay!
Anyway,your child is cute. I miss y'all. See you soon.
W

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR THESIS....WHEW!!! And, yes, I was pulling for the Cardinals in the Super Bowl..what an exciting game! Cody and I were for the Cardinals.. Kevin for the Steelers and Craig..wouldn't hurt his feelings if the Cardinals won!!!They did themselves proud, though..(except for all the penalties)...always next year!!! Jacob continues to be adorable of course...So happy!