Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Time for pictures! One by one I'll post them with a bit of fatherly commentary.

First off, here's a picture of my son Jacob's right hand. If you ask me, I think he looks like a Quarterback. Notice the bone strength and the grip- imagine that throwing a 60 yard pass down the right seam, splitting the safeties and catching the reciever in stride.




Ok, here's the picture.





You see what I'm talking about, right there in the middle. Beautiful isn't it?






Ok, picture two. This one is a decent profile of the head. Notice the eyes, the little button nose, and the little chin. His hands are folded. In this picture he looks a bit like a merman, that's because the bottom half of his body is turned around...




As you can tell, he looks quite comfortable. In the beginning of our ultrasound, Jacob was sleeping like this, with his arms crossed. After he woke up, he gave us some more interesting pictures.


It's a boy! I am proud to say that my kid is negative 4 months, and I'm already embarassing him. This picture is of his backside, his frog legs are to both sides. In the middle are his "boy parts" as the doctor told us...



As a point of reference, the two white objects on the left half of the screen are his feet. You can figure it out from there. P.S. He's mooning you.

Ok, that's enough for now. Thank you all for your love and support. Jacob feels very loved.

We will be posting another picture of Ashley soon as she is growing.

3 comments:

Sarah Endres said...

Blafhgh! This is so exciting!!! Dan you are completely that dad who'll be throwing his kid a football before he can even support his own weight so I don't think you'll have to worry abou t the whole quarterback thing...

Anonymous said...

I guessed it was a boy...50/50 chance..nah! not really. I just wanted both of you to be absolutely sure from the ultrasound that it was really, really, really, really a boy..no room for error, like some fingers down there!! And it really, really is a boy...how exciting..eh, Grandma and Grandpa Chell and Great Grandma Barnes? Gregory, Kevin and Cody are glad it is a boy...I wonder why???!!! Proud to be a Great Aunt and Great Uncle and second cousins!!
Hi,Jake....I see you, so peaceful and comfortable...Mom and Dad singing,playing educational tapes and reading to you???!!Love to all three of you...Great Aunt Lois and Great Uncle Craig and family.

Christy said...

Yikes! Don't expect what happened to us! We'll be praying for a much easier and quicker labor for you!
Besides if there's anything I've learned from all this it's that every pregnancy/woman/birth/baby is different.

Blog Archive